Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kim Gordon: Loves T-Shirts, Hates (by Default) Christian Siriano


I first fell in love with Kim Gordon about ten years ago when I started listening to Sonic Youth. A couple years later I watched her flutter around stage, flailing her guitar and arms around, nearly lighting an amp on fire, yet somehow managing to make it all look cool. She had that je ne sais qua, that effortlessly chic look that I would spend most of high school trying to emulate. My little rock godess has now partnered with Urban Outfitters on a limited edition line called Mirror/Dash.


The line comes as no surprise, as Gordon is no stranger to fashion. In the mid 90's she designed a line of clothing called, X-Girl, modeled for Calvin Klein, and even performed at the Marc Jacobs show at last years Fashion Week. Read her interview with New York Magazine to find out all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin